Headland AdminCNC Machine Tools
Makino’s a61nx: It’s rigid, precise and drastically reduces cycle times
In Defence, we know the above is fundamental to producing accurate parts. But what if we could tell you, what you’ll also achieve with a Makino a61nx Horizontal machining center?
Tool life lengthened
- Cost of tooling significantly reduced.
- Its rigid platform ensures tool deflection is reduced and wear and tear on the tool is also reduced.
- Shorter part cycles and changing production volumes can be achieved with ease.
- Reduced machining costs to ensure each project is profitable, no matter how small the run.
- Large roller-type linear guides ensure a large variety and size of parts can be machined.
- Also available in a tall column (730mm) to enable machining of larger parts.
Large Pallet Size
- 500 x 500 mm
- X: 730 mm Y: 650 mm std (730 mm opt) Z: 800 mm
High Speed Spindle
- 14,000-rpm high-speed, high-power spindle features 303 Nm of torque
- Avoiding recutting of chips, especially in aerospace and medical materials, improving tool life and part surface finish.
Automated, Un-manned Manufacturing
- The work-pallet magazine supports continuous unattended manufacturing. You can run continual shifts and only stop to re-stock the work-pallet magazine.
- This means you can have a skilled CNC operator set up the machine during the day and have a reduced workforce in the evening for continuous production.
Read RUAG’s story on the Makino a61nx, a Melbourne based defence manufacture.