Forming threads on site is still largely off the radar for many engineers. That’s quite an oversight, as a matter of fact. High-strength threads of superb quality can be made up both quickly and economically on TRUMPF punching and combination machines. Three features lend reliability:
- integrated lubrication while threads are being formed,
- programmable shaping velocity, and
- automatic feed stop with a pneumatic sensor.
The feed stop, in particular, prevents the tap from descending too far into the die and being damaged in case the Tapping Tool has been mistakenly setup
Another plus: In comparison to weld-on nuts, shaped threads are up to fifty Euro cents less expensive, making for an attractive option. Find additional interesting information on the topic of threads here.
How it’s done
TRUMPF offers two punching tool options:
Thread Punch Tool
Resilient and accurate thread forming.
- Cost-effective connecting technology for thin sheet metal
- Formed sections are produced in just two work cycles
- Available for sheet metal screws in accordance with DIN or for special measurements
Non-cutting thread production
- High level of resistance due to stress-hardening of the material
- Can be used for a variety of thread dimensions
- Many thread options are available for a diverse range of requirements