Meet Brett. He’s newish to Headland and joins us with 15 years of industry experience.
Where are you from?
Home grown Melburnian.
What got you into this industry?
At a time when I was searching for a career with no guidance or idea what I wanted to do in life. I was asked to try a pre-apprenticeship in fitting and turning back in around 1996/97. This fuelled my interest in the industry.
After my tenure as a fitter and turner, I wanted to get off the shop floor. So I studied and was able to find a position in an office environment. I moved through some interesting industries along the way, including Safety devices and Safety wear as well as IT to assist in developing my customer service and sales abilities. But I always felt compelled to get back into the manufacturing industry and found my passion lies in this area.
Manufacturing is a fantastic industry that enables Australia to function and grow as a country.
What do you love about working with manufacturers?
I have a drive to understand customer requirements and produce the best results for them to the best of my abilities.
It is a stimulating experience to work with a number of diverse customers and machine manufacturers.
Manufacturing is a growing space on the technology front.
To learn what parts are suited to the different machines, whilst trying to learn how these parts work in their environment and their roles on the various machines.
World Class Customer Service is always front of mind and if I can assist in making our customer’s lives better and help take Headland to another level that is the goal.
Parts produced by our manufacturers play a big part in our lives every single day.
How long have you been with Headland?
I have been with Headland for 9 months.
What do you love about the job?
I’ve come up with a whole list…
- The job is extremely challenging and each day is never the same.
- It is a continual learning journey.
- The Parts team is brilliant to work with and makes coming to work every day that much easier.
- Our clients are great to work with and always offer critical feedback to help us understand how to improve.
- Successful/Positive results/feedback.
- Being able to help build World Class Customer Service for our clients.
- Ability to share ideas and have them implemented.
- The growing technology sector of manufacturing.
- Machine Diversity.
- Having a strong Service team.
- The leadership team are approachable and want you to grow and achieve success.
Need spare parts support?